Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ooops!

Nang biked his third MS150 from Houston to Austin in April, so William and I drove up to see him cross the finish line.  William and I wound up stranded on the side of the road when our car's brake line failed, and I realized it while trying to slow down from 70 miles per hour to merge onto a cloverleaf highway entrance behind another car.  There maaaay have been a rapid fire succession of hysterical phone calls to a husband who was RIDING A BIKE from Austin - honey, please come pick baby and me up and handle this.  Right.  NOW.  Yeah, handled very well.

Ba?

Fast forward to the finish line and big mom failure of the day #2.  I was so consumed with spotting Nang and the guys approaching the finish line that I forgot to tell William when they passed, and he missed the group, so I pretended another group of riders contained his Ba, and had Little Man cheer for and wave to that group.  Big ooops!

No comments:

Post a Comment