Thursday, July 22, 2010

Separation Anxiety

Last night we put William in HIS OWN CRIB in HIS OWN ROOM. I asked Nang for a couple of more nights with Baby Will in our room when he brought up that the baby was probably pushing the weight limit of the bassinet and could no longer move his arms and legs without colliding with the sides. I’ll admit that Will was starting to look a little bit like an egg in a carton, but eggs fit perfectly in their little cartons! When my two days was up, Nang had basketball and bowling on Monday evening and a business meeting on Tuesday evening, and I didn’t have the self-motivation to banish Will on my own, so I actually had four sneaky last days of the baby in the bassinet.

The event wasn’t nearly as traumatic as I imagined. Nang bathed William, read with him, and I fed him, and then he was off to the crib without protest. Granted, he was fast asleep, so we thought he may have a different reaction when he woke up in a new bed in a new room.

No comments:

Post a Comment