Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shopper in training


Grandma took William through Tuesday Morning way before the official 6-8 week date advised by the pediatrician for allowing babies out among groups of people with questionable health. I need a new duvet cover, and ran in to check out the linens, but Grandma decided we needed to look up and down every aisle. She was great at feigning obliviousness and whipping Baby Bear away from admiring and curious stares in order to thwart curious onlookers' attempts to partake of his cuteness. Baby Will gazed in awe at aisle after aisle of discounted, colorful products, and even though Grandma pointed out his apparent proclivity toward shopping, I denied it.

Today I took William to Super Target. In getting out of the house, I forgot my shopping list and purse, but had my wallet and the diaper bag so forged ahead on our first Mommy-Son outing. We made it to the store without too much crying at the stoplights (William likes to GO, not stop), and he was silent in the bumpy transfer between car and shopping cart. Once we hit the store, I peeked into his covered carseat, and he was wide awake and happy. I took this to mean that my shopping minutes were numbered and rushed to find what I could remember from my list and fit it in the bottom of the cart - his carseat took up the entirety of the main basket. Once in line to checkout, I peeked again to see how unhappy he was only to find William the Shopper smiling and cooing from the retail therapy. Looks like Daddy has the shopping buddy he has always wanted!

The ride home was not as smooth as the ride to the store...we stopped ALOT more as every light seemed to turn red as we approached, and Will spent most of the car trip alternately losing his pacifier and crying at the poky pace. Once I pulled into the garage, I rushed to get him free of the car only to find him sacked out peacefully in his seat!

2 comments:

  1. YAYYAYAYAY for a successful first mommy/son solo outing!! good boy, will, and great job, mama!! but didn't i tell you to go WITHOUT a list?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's chunking up nice!!! good work jess!

    ReplyDelete